You will not believe this story...
Last night, I was working at the hospital. I always give David my work cell phone number so that he can call me to say Zachary's prayers with him. As usual, they called right at 8pm and we said our prayers together. Zachary said goodnight and hung up the phone.
About 5 mins later while I was helping a patient, my phone rang again ~ it was David's cell phone calling. I answered and hear "Hi Mom!" I told Zachary I was busy helping sick people and I would call him back. He said OK and hung up.
A few minutes later while I was with the same patient, my phone rang again ~ of course, I heard "Hi Mom!" Over a ten minute period, Zachary called at least five times. He calls a lot while I am at work but Daddy is right beside him so if I am busy he can explain that to Zachary.
A little frustrated by the time the phone rang again, I stepped out of the patients room and asked Zachary "where is daddy?" He said "downstairs." Then I heard him say "Daddy, come here." I asked again, "where is daddy." "Downstairs" he said. I asked him who called mommy and he said "I did." What? I thought...he does not know how to use a cell phone. Then I heard, "Bye mom. Daddy coming." And he hung up.
By this time, I could not figure out what was going on so I called the house. David said "were you just talking to Zachary?" He said he had left his cell phone in his room after we said prayers. I told him that he had been calling over and over again. I guess Zachary figured out how to hit send twice to call the last person. Unbelievable!
I asked him this morning how he called mommy last night and he said "pushed the buttons." So, if anyone gets random calls from our cell phone number ~ it is probably Zachary!!