Well, here is the story of Friday...David and I woke up Friday morning at 3am and headed off to Greenville Memorial for our scheduled induction. When we arrived, I was already 4cm dilated and 60% effaced...Yeah! We were quickly checked in to a Labor & Delivery room at 6am by my private nurse (Tammy - thanks a million), immediately started Pitocin, had my water broken at 7am, epidural at 8am, and started the waiting game. My contractions quickly began and I slowly continued to dilate and efface. Jennifer, my sister, was in the room as our personal photographer. Around 1:30pm, my nurse decided to turn me completely on my left side as far as possible because the baby was not dropping down. Within minutes, I could feel the baby dropping down and felt alot of pressure in my bottom. They re-dosed my epidural and did a quick exam...the head was crowning. Everyone quickly got in position...I pushed for two contractions over about four minutes and William Scott was born at 1:52pm...6lbs, 6 ozs, Apgar 9/9, just perfect!

David was not interested in cutting the cord, so I did. William stayed on my chest for about 15 minutes and then was taken for his exam, footprints, weight, etc. As far as me, I had no tears or anything! Great! William's body temp was below 97.0 so he spent several hours in the nursery under a warmer and getting his first bath. Zachary and several family members visited after his birth and enjoyed meeting our newest addition!