Yesterday morning when we got up, a dog appeared on our doorstep. She looked tired, malnourished and neglected in care. The pads on her paws are raw and obviously painful (she limps around). I could not get her off of our front porch. She was so nice and great around the kids. I just had to feed her and now she has moved in!
Zachary could not be happier (as you can see from the picture above). The dog follows him everywhere and he wants to dog to go with him everywhere! She has not growled, snapped or barked at him once. I think, she is full grown and has had at least one litter of puppies. She let us bath her which made her coat look a lot better. I cleaned all her paws with Betadine and put an antibiotic cream on them. I know they hurt her because she spends most of the day lying down. She loved when we put in her the wagon and pulled her around. She is white with little brown spots...maybe Irish setter? I am going to take her to the vet Friday (I did not want to take her right away in case someone claimed her - neighbors have never seen her). I have always wanted a dog and I believe this dog was sent to our porch in need. She is one of God's creatures and I can not bear to think of what will happen if we take her to the Animal Shelter. Wish us luck!