Saturday, April 25, 2009

"M is for Mammal"



Today we all went to the zoo (again) and Zachary had a class to attend called "M is for Mammal." First we took Dad all over the zoo and told him about the animals (you could really tell how much Zachary has learned from our trips).

Zachary hair always sticks straight up when he goes down this slide...



Then, Zachary and I attended a special class for three year olds. We played games, learned about bones, touched elephant tusks & teeth, read a book, made a craft and played with a mammal. The mammal was a chinchilla (looked like a rat) from South Africa. We were able to touch him and watch him take a bath in dirt (they can not get wet or their hair falls off). We had a lot of fun in class and can not wait to go to our next class in May!





Watching the chinchilla...



Today's craft was an elephant...


Finished craft...I love his facial expression.

After class, we had a picnic lunch with Dad and Will! Zachary and I enjoyed ice cream sandwiches! Then, Zachary and Dad headed off to Aunt Ginas house to pick-up a doghouse for Bailey while Will and I went home to take naps! We had such a great morning but boy was it hot outside!!