Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Few Things About My Daddy...

Seven years ago today, my father passed away suddenly leaving my mom and four children. I miss him so much. It is hard to believe that my children will not be able to grow up with their granddad "Pettit", but I know he is watching us from heaven each and every day. Today, I keep all of our family in my thoughts and prayers as we remember all the great things about our dad, son, brother, uncle and friend! I just wanted to share a few pictures of my daddy...





A few years after my daddy passed, my mom remarried Mark who has been a blessing to our family, a great step-dad and a wonderful "Poppi" to Zachary. I could not imagine my mother living the rest of her life alone and feel truly blessed that her and Mark found one another. I will never forget the day Mark told us that he proposed to my mother...he promised us that he was not here to take the place of our daddy but to make a life with our mother. That meant so much to each of us! We love you and miss you dad!