Thursday, October 9, 2008

33 WEEKS!


Well, another week gone by! Zachary and I went to the doctor today and everything was still looking great. I am still having some abdominal pain and nausea after meals but I have really been watching what I eat and the medication seems to be helping. I actually lost weight over the past week...which was not a concern because my uterus is measuring normally and it took me a few days to get my appetite back. The baby's heartbeat was 130's and he has been moving around a lot (especially during the night)! Here is a little insight into my uterus...This week our baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a cone head-like appearance - Remember Zachary's ailen-like cone head!