Friday, September 5, 2008

7 MONTHS!

Well, we have safely made it to 7 Months and the third & final trimester! We are on the home stretch! Thank goodness! David, Zachary and I went to the doctor yesterday. Zachary was able to listen to his heartbeat and said "oh, baby." Everything is looking good except my hemoglobin is a little low. In addition to the iron in the prenatal vitamins I take, I have to also add an iron supplement. Evidently, anemia is common in the third trimester.



Here is a little bit about our baby this week...our now baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. He is also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. We can not wait to meet him (and, yes, we are still searching for a name).