Friday, September 19, 2008

YEAH! 30 WEEKS!

This week marks 30 weeks into our pregnancy...our baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. Less than ten weeks (just a little more than two months) and we will meet Philpott Baby #2 - who still remains nameless - for mom & dad can just not agree on a name!

Everything was great at our OB appt today. I was started on Iron two weeks ago for a low hemoglobin but quit taking it after only four days because of the side effects (nurses are the worst patients). I decided to change it with diet instead...I started eating Raisin Bran every morning, red meat several times a week, spinach on my sandwiches every day and orange juice with two meals a day...and guess what, my hemoglobin is normal. My blood pressure was 110/62 and the Baby P's heart rate was 130's. Everything is right on track! I hope the next 8-10 weeks go by fast!