Friday, September 26, 2008
31 WEEKS!
Today marks 31 weeks of pregnancy! This week...our baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying at least four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's is moving a lot, too, I sometimes have trouble sleeping because his kicks and somersaults keep me up and/or wake me up from sleep! I do not mind, because all this moving is a sign that our baby is active and healthy! I have noticed the muscles in my uterus tightening now and then. Many women feel these random contractions — called Braxton Hicks contractions. I never felt them with Zachary but have already started feeling them with Baby Philpott #2. With about two months left, I have so much to get ready around the house but little time with a two-year old!!