Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One Last Tradition...

Sharing the Joy of Christmas...
The past two years, the boys and I have handed out candy canes to the elderly in a local nursing home. The boys love it and it is nice to see the smile on all of their faces. We plan on doing this again this year at the Assisted Living I use to work for and I will update with pictures.

Zachary also has learned a lot about what it means to give to others. He recently saw people lying on the ground outside a Soup Kitchen in the freezing cold and I had to teach him about the poor and less fortunate. He is such a caring and compassionate child. He wanted to go straight to the store to buy all of them some food. Since then, he has collected toys, clothes, blankets and jackets we do not use anymore to give to those who have nothing. We have donated canned goods and put change in the Salvation Army bucket every time we hear the bell ringing. At school, each class has a Christmas tree that they will be delivering to a needy family for Christmas. Zachary selected ornaments and bows to contribute. I think this is an important value to teach him.

We hope you and your family enjoy Christmas as much as we do!