Zachary basically had an entire room makeover for Christmas. Santa gave him new bunkbeds, mattress, comforter, sheets, pillows and a new light. Uncle Bryan passed down a dresser that works perfect in his room. Zachary and I made two poster frame collages with lots of his school artwork to hang on the walls. And we moved lots of his toys to his room (in an extremely organized fashion, thanks to mom). I love his new room!
As for the bunkbeds, we had to remove the ceiling fan since I have two daring little boys. Zachary is only allowed to climb to the top bunk with close parent supervision. He can sleep on the top at naptime but on the bottom for bedtime. The nice thing is that the ladder is easily removable so that he can not climb up there easily. Right now, all his stuff animals are sleeping on the top bunk. Zachary says he can not wait until his brother can spend the night in his room!