Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Today, Zachary helped me plan a party for tonight. He said guest list was mom, dad and Zach. His menu included cantelope & strawberries, chocolate chip cookies, salsa, cheese dip, shrimp poppers, hot chocolate in our special mugs, ice cream and homemade vegetable soup. He was so excited about being able to stay up late that he willingly went to take a nap at 5pm. What?! I was going to let him go without a nap so he would go to be early. But, I am more than happy to welcome the new year with my three year old angel! Of course, he is wide awake and mom/dad are struggling to keep our eyes open.

Well, Zachary lasted until 12:45am! Zachary and I snuggled in a blanket outside with our hot chocolate and watched almost an hours worth of fireworks. It was a great view from our garage. He was so excited to be able to stay up late like adults. I absolutely loved spending one on one quality time with my little boy! HAPPY NEW YEAR!