Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Zachary's Surgery!

Believe it or not, Zachary is excited about his surgery Monday. I do not think he fully understands but I answer all his questions honestly. He told his teachers that he is going to the hospital to finally get his ears fixed...and the doctor is going to take out his teeth! No, Zachary...tonsils & adenoids! We bought him a new fleece Cars blanket today to take to the hospital. He says it will hurt a little but that will be okay. I am glad we are having this done because he woke up this morning saying his ears hurt last night and he slept on two pillows...hopefully, we will not have any of this after the surgery!

I had a thirty minute phone assessment with the nurse yesterday. She said the surgery will take less than a hour, he will then go to post-op for one hour and then he will go to a private room where he can have visitors & watch movies for four hours to monitor for bleeding. David and I will be with him the whole time except in the sterile OR. I think I am more nervous and scared than Zachary is...

We will keep you posted!