Tuesday, October 6, 2009

No More Baylor...

Well, I will not be fortunate to only work weekends anymore. Human Resources came in on Sunday morning at 6am to inform us that Baylor will no longer be a position due to the economy! Yikes! What is best is that we have to let them know by this Thursday if we would like another position. So much for allowing time to find another job. My director said I would not have a problem staying every weekend since no one really wants to work those nights. So, I have three choices...Part time, Full time and as needed. If I am part time (Sat and Sun nights), I am first on call when our census is low (I risk not even getting full pay checks during low census). If I am full time, I am required to work three shifts a week. Three shifts a week would not be a problem if my husband did not work so much and was not on call all the time. As needed employees make lots more $$ but have no benefits (I do not want to lose my 401K or life insurance) and are on call a lot like part time employees. Decisions, decisions, decisions....all to be made by Thursday! YIKES!