Well, you are probably wondering why I have not posted in almost a week. Here is a quick update...we did great last Mon & Tues. The misery started Wednesday night when I became febrile with severe chills and sweats. It came on suddenly that night and no one got sleep with me feeling so horrible. As a nurse, I thought I had a virus so I tried to wait it out. By Thursday afternoon, my fever was 102.4 and I thought I was on my way to death row. I could not care for myself, Zach or Will. I called my MD around 4pm and was told to come in Friday morning at 9am. I cried on the phone and told them I may not make it until then. Of course, they told me to go to the ER. I took more Tylenol and decided to wait some more. Teresa Philpott had my on call OB doctor call me and she was nice enough to call me in an antibiotic. I thought I was getting better and finally ate food Thursday night. But of course, Friday morning my temp was now 103.1 and I was forced by my spouse to go to the doctor. We took Zach to school and David drove me to Greenville. I went into the doctor's office while David and Will waited in the car. That is when I got the dreadful news and cried with my OB doctor...she felt an admission back to the hospital was absolutely necessary.
I sent David and Will home to avoid all the hospital bugs and spent Friday and most the day Sat alone. I was put on three high dose IV antibiotics, was told to rest but also told to pump breast milk every two hours around the clock...AND get rest (kinda confusing). Anyway, I had a high fever and an elevated WBC count in my blood so I had an infection, but where? I was admitted with endometritis (an infection of the uterus) but the doctors all disagreed and it was never decided where the infection originated (uterus, breast, kidneys, etc). I was sent home today with oral antibiotics every 6 hours! I am just glad to be home. I have to see the doctor in one week and if any fever reoccurs, I have to call immediately. This hospital stay was not as exciting and fun as two weeks ago. Sorry, I did not even call and tell my siblings but I just wanted to get better so I could go home to care for my boys, and husband! Hopefully, this is all behind us! The holidays are ahead!