
Today, Zachary had his first run-in with the bees in our yard. He was swinging on the swing on our front porch, minding his own business, when the bees attacked. I heard him scream as he fell to the porch floor and all I saw was several bees swarming around him. I swooped his screaming body away and applied cold packs to the three (yes, three) places where he was stung (and gave him a "nursing" dose of Benadryl)!
After calming him down, David and I went to see if we could find a nest or something. Sure enough, there was a nest with 6-8 bees attached to the underside of the porch swing Zachary was swinging on. Big, strong "Daddy" killed all the bees! After Zachary's nap, I asked him if he wanted to go back outside and he immediately said "no, bees!" He has still not forgotten about the bee stings but is back to enjoying the outdoors. And he went to bed tonight with three bandaids on his bee stings!
The ironic thing is that lately we have been singing songs together before bed that require us to do different hand gestures ~ Zachary's favorite song has been "Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee...Ouch, It Stung Me!" Tonight, he looked at me like I was crazy!