So today, I spent the afternoon with three good friends from work (all nurses) helping one of them decorate her new apartment. Zachary and Will had a great time playing with her children's toys. Well, William is cruising and trying to climb now and he had a little accident of his own. He was standing at an end table and fell, hitting his face on the bottom of the table. I swooped him up and could tell by his face that he was hurt. One of my friends said as I was holding him, he is not breathing and is turning blue. Luckily, I have been around a child who is a "breath-holder" when she gets hurt so I did not panic. I blew into his face a few times and he started screaming. Then, we noticed blood in his mouth. His razor sharp teeth cut the inner part of his lip it is was bleeding - the skin on his chin was also bleeding. All four nurses said, yep, need to take him to the ER.
I loaded him up and headed to St Francis Women's ER. When I got to the ER, his belly was covered in blood from not holding pressure. I held pressure and ice while waiting to see a doctor - the swelling was going down and I finally got the bleeding to stop. Still a big gash on this inside of his lip. After almost two hours, we were sent home to monitor. The doctor said a stitch or two would help but it will most likely heal up on its own and that it seemed that the table cut his chin and not his tooth penetrating through (but with blood and a screaming baby, none of us wanted to wait and see). All makes for an exciting day! I am glad we went - better to be safe than sorry.